Sunday, October 28, 2012

Vet Fencing Fashion

Vet fencing fashion is all too often characterized by the accessories add to hold ourselves together.
See, for example, the competitors yesterday at Dark Horse Fencing in Fredericksburg, Virginia
I wish I had taken sound recordings, as well as pictures. I think we produced as many groans, grunts and "ouches" as "Opah!"s or other collegiate cries of success.
I saw braces and tape on ankles, shins, knees, elbows, wrists and fingers. Oh, and orthotic inserts. Feet are v. important.

You know you are in trouble when you have to apply bandages BEFORE you are wounded








Drugs are best administered proactively as well. 



Some people brought an assortment of extra reinforcements, just in case. The wisdom of age.














I had the biggest brace!
Does that mean I win?

Um, no. But I look at it this way: it's a pretty good day when all the pieces work.

No comments:

Post a Comment