Monday, July 11, 2016

The Best of Summer Nationals: Part 2

In my last post, I promised you a tuba.

Voila: a tuba

Also a saxophone, two clarinets, an oboe and a flute.

This ensemble opened the competition with the Star Spangled Banner on Friday, July 1. Class act.

And to follow up the National anthem, the award for Most Patriotic Warmup Outfit goes to:


Dang, I didn't get his name. Can anyone provide an id?


You may have noticed I have an abiding love of socks. Since I've started collecting Wonder Woman Converse high tops (two pair is a collection, right?) I was thrilled to spot these beauties:


Gotta get me a pair of those.

However, those shoes (above) clearly beyond with these socks (below). Props for defying stupid gender conventions about color, dude. 


Anyway, pink is just pale red. Here's a fashionista wearing the color undiluted, and (classy touch) pairing it with a red mask.



 Best Haircut goes to Victor Ji, from Canada. I admit my vote was influenced by the hip blue frames on his glasses. Could those be Warby Parker? Mmmmm. Maybe.


Best collection of international fencing pins goes to Anne-Marie Walters, perennial member of the Vet World Team.


Actually, Anne-Marie double medaled, picking up "Cutest Grandchild" as well.



The third post in this series will be an in depth look a the most fashionable vendor at this year's event. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment